Wednesday, February 18, 2009

finally some relationship drama of my own.

Ok, so my school had a dinner show, in which a lot of the choruses both me and Jayme, a friend of mine, are in. So after the show, we all had to help clean up the chairs and tables. But while we are, a bunch of people around us try to convince us to go out! Except, it was in a complete Middle School pushing each other towards each other manner. So eventually we lose everybody and go off on our own.
As it turns out, practically everybody at school thinks the two of us should go out, especially because she recently broke up with Daniel. So I finally ask her, she pauses for a few seconds, and says "yes!" We hug, then go home after agreeing to try and not let it get passed around the school so quickly. (this was all on valentine's day btw)
So the next day at Subway (where I work) all day I continually think "holy shit, I'm actually going out with her!" and start looking forward to all kinds of things (seeing movies, that stuff), but eventually I start thinking "oh shit, what if we break up?" Well, I shouldn't have to worry about that right?
Wrong.
Later that night we're both helping out at a church dinner, and she's acting a little, well, distant. I finally got the phone back from my brother (we share the phone) which had been off since who-knows-when. I turn it on, and instantly get a slew of texts from her with stuff like "I can't do this right now," "I'm sorry, I just can't," and "I feel like a bitch for this." (she's not, don't worry.) So turns out she still hasn't gotten over Daniel, as they were actually going to get together again, but he changed his mind at the last second (this was also on Saturday, literally hours beforehand). Now she feels sad and upset because I guess she really wanted to do this, but just couldn't bear it right now (she said "maybe later.") I think it's ok for now, but she's been really upset with herself for saying yes, and later changing her mind. I understand completely, but she said she's feeling "everything." (sad, upset, horrible, angry maybe?) I'm gonna try and help her out somehow (hope I'm good at that.) I wonder if maybe we could try doing things as friends and see if anything happens.
But at the same time, I'm wondering "'Maybe later?' But when will that be?" I guess I'll just have to go with it and hope for the best for now.

3 comments:

aurieldavis said...

ughhh i'm sorry evan.
relationship drama is horrrible. =/
if you ever need advice, you can text me about it, kk? i'm like an advice genius. =]

Evan said...

cool, thanks. Chances are I just might.

aurieldavis said...

fer sureee =]