Sunday, September 6, 2009

A post waiting to be posted...until now!

"Ok, so I'm not typing this post all at once, but I'm writing it out for now and posting this when I can. Currently it's 1:38 am. I really should be in bed, but I got distracted by anime and video games, which I will explain further on down.

I haven't posted anything for a while but any time I do it's usually griping about work. Can't guarantee that I'll stop that, but I'll just get it out of the way for now:

"You want me to work a double shift? Fuck no! Give me maybe a couple days notice and then we'll see, but right when my regular shift starts??" "Why are you coming in through the exit? Could it be because you're too distracted from smoking and texting at the same time?? Oh, you've got a young daughter with you, that's a great idea. Way to put her life in danger!" "What makes you think that's the right way to park?" "No we don't have sugar free ice cream!!" "Why do I work so much!!??" "Oh, 250 bucks, that's why."

I've had quite a bit to talk about, but never really had the time to post on here. I had a list of what to type, but I lost it...somewhere.....so I guess I'll just wing it. First off, I got a new computer!! It's a Compaq, Presario CQ60 (look it up). It's shiny and black and awesome. Though I recently found out it isn't necessarily for 3D games, so Austin bought Call of Duty 4 and found out the hard way. So much lagging! Although he also got Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and that runs pretty well. He says he's addicted, and I'm finally starting to play it more often. Man you level up for doing pretty much anything! Running: LVL UP! Jumping: LVL UP! Croutching (which is "sneaking"):LVL UP! Getting hit? LVL UP! "Your armor skills have increased" as it says. Basically, "You've been smacked enough."

My mom's been thinking about finally getting some decent internet! Then I won't have to go to the library or 2nd street every time I need to Google something!

I've been getting into more animes recently. Thanks to my new computer-weilding abilities, I can use BitTorrent! I'm currently downloading the first season of Digimon! Wierd, I know, but I liked it. I saw the first few episodes of Azumanga Daiyo. It seemed strange. I was gonna watch more, but I was distracted by other animes: Galen loaned me a cd for the first season of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya." This girl decides that life is boring and wants to find spirits, aliens, espers, time travelers, etc. Turns out she's like a god and can make stuff she wants to happen, happen. She doesn't know this though, and her new friends (who a few are said etcs) must humor her to keep the world as they know it normal, or all that stuff will become commonplace if she knows about it, fucking up the entire universe.

I also started watching "Lucky Star." It's pretty much just 4 friends (18 year old girls that look like they're 10) talking about random things. They talk about food for 8 minutes in the first episode. The weird thing is that I can't stop watching it! The show seems to have no real plot aside from extended discussions, yet its still fun to watch. Or rather, listen to. Sometimes I go do other things while also listening to them just talking, changing the window back every now and then to look for a scene change that may have occured.

I let Jason borrow my iPod cable for his radio show (which is right after ours) since he lost his. I came back the next week hoping to get it back, but he didn't show up for some reason. I thought it was ok though, since he could just give it to me the week after, but I ask for it then and he says he put it on the table by the computer in the studio. He looks around, but it's not there anymore. I've got Jimmy (station manager) keeping his eyes out for it, and nothing. So I borrowed Auriel's cable so I can put all this Mogwai and Go! Team that I recently acquired...somehow...onto it. I then went on a spree of deleting most of the music that I don't like/listen to to free up some space, since I plan on getting better music soon. But guess what Auriel does while I'm not looking? She puts a bunch of HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL and OTHER SHAMEFUL MUSIC onto it!! GOD!! The point of deleting this all was to eliminate any possibility of a shameful shuffle, should my music be plugged into speakers at a party or the stereo at work. Now I can't delete it since I still don't have my cable! "Shake It?" Come on, I've heard that at the Sweet Spot way to much to know I don't want it!! I'm sorry if this offends Auriel, but HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL DOD GAMMIT!

A bunch of us are kind of sad at the moment. Galen's leaving for college on Friday. College! At the age of 15! How does he do it? Nobody knows. Though it could be hard for him to do the radio show while up there. We set up Skype so he can still be there in a way, but knowing our luck the computer in the studio probably won't be able to hear voice calls or the internet will be dead right when the show starts. Plus Auriel's leaving for Interlochen in a while as well, so chances are the show could get kind of boring. Galen wasn't there a couple weeks ago, and I was hoping to do things a bit differently, whatever that meant. But then I ended up reading an article word for word for almost 15 minutes, while Duncan chose to not give much input or make any witty remarks, unlike usual. Seems without Galen he has nobody to battle with words.

Wow, it's almost 2 am now. I really should be getting to bed, since I have to meet my brother in the morning so he doesn't walk into the church with a shotgun in his hands. Let me explain that last statement: Austin is spending the night at a friend's, and they are both into airsoft rifles, which are those plastic bullets you can shoot at each other and not get a trip to the emergency room. His friend's mom is taking him to church and I have to meet him there so he can put his gun in my car. That explains that.

Ok, I really have to get to bed now. Goodnight all. Or good day. Whenever this gets posted."
____________
Ok, so that big post above was written several weeks ago, and I'm finally getting around to posting it. I do, however, have the ability to follow up on each paragraph above.

Sweet Spot over. Last paycheck recieved, no more griping about that place.

I do in fact have a computer now.

Mom actually got the internet!!!!! There is INTERNET at my HOUSE. AT LAST. It's not dial up either. It's dsl with wireless! People keep saying stuff about dsl sucking, but I really don't care at this point. I've had nothing/dialup for the whole time we've lived here, and I'm sick of it.

1st Digimon season = finished. Moving on to the second.

Still watching all that anime.

HSM is gone from my ipod.

Galen has gone to college, but he's making regular visits now Plus we've got skype and twitter and all that stuff so it's almost like he hasn't even left. We've been hanging out for quite a bit the past few days. We watched Kiki's Delivery Service, which is now Dani's first Hayao Miyazaki movie ever. Auriel has also left, but we can still talk to her since she also has skype.

Austin went to some giant airsoft war that was supposed to be overnight, but mom wouldn't let him go for more than a day because there'll probably be drunken idiots everywhere at night.

Well that's all for now. Good thing I can post whenever I want now!!

No comments: