Sunday, October 11, 2009

Totoro and other fun things!

Man, I haven't posted in so long! I thought I would be blogging a lot more after I got Sparky (that's my laptop's name), but I guess I got the mentality of "I can do it anytime, I'll do it later." I really should be doing this more often, considering this is one of the few social things to do on the internet...that is, when people actually read it. (as my friends often do.)

Me and Dani went to visit Galen in college!! It was pretty fun. When we first got there, we got lost. Turns out Google Maps was leading me to the hospitals of the university, so we had to call Galen and have him guide us to his dorm. This proved to be a bit difficult with there being a one-way street going the opposite direction of where we needed to be going. We finally found a parking ramp, then moved after we found a cheaper one. Then we went to see his room for the first time. It was completely trashed like any college dorm should be. The funny thing about the whole building was that in the hallway there was a bulletin board with "Tips from the [SE]X-men." The whole board was about things like "women aren't your fuck toys" (explained by the "X-women"), but the most humorous (and slightly unfortunate) part was that Professor X, the wheelchair-bound one whose junk probably doesn't work like it's supposed to, talks about "alternatives." I could barely control my laughter at this. So after all that, we went to this nifty area of the university with all sorts of restaurants and shops. We mainly went to the mall to stores called Gypsy Magic and Gamers. I got a bunch of incense at GM and a bunch of old-school games at Gamers! Turns out this was a store where the employees seemed to know what they were selling, regardless of how old it was; Chrono Trigger was like $50! It appears they're sold based on the quality of the game, not the time factor. So I got Zelda and Illusion of Gaia for the SNES for around $20, and Sonic 1&2 for the Sega for around $3. I could've sworn it was a typo on the second, but it really was 95 cents! This was the extent of our day, and we got lost momentarily on the way back, since we accidentally took the road we got to after we were lost, ended up in Coralville for a bit. We eventually found our way back though, and we ended up at home safely.

I finally found a torrent for a bunch of Hayao Miyazaki movies!! After a brief struggle with getting it to run, I downloaded Winamp and it all worked fine. Me and Dani watched My Neighbor Totoro and loved it very much. Dani almost got teary-eyed at the end because it was just that good!! Go watch it! NOWW!!

All I've got for now. Perhaps I will update more often? Until then, I'm off to bed. Good night!

No comments: