Sunday, November 1, 2009

had a weird dream that could take several tweets to explain. or I could blog it. that would work too

So I had a dream that we were at a home football game, and the marching band was playing. Although the band was sitting in the middle school section. Nick asks me if he could be drum major, and I agree for some reason. I somehow have my clarinet ready, and we all appear on the track, somehow without actually moving there. We're all in lines, except I'm on the end in my own line without anyone else. Nick whistles us the signal (I gave him my whistle I suppose) but he starts whistling to the beat of the drum cadence. We get to our spots on the track and make a right face, facing the field. It appears that we're about to play Ascend, but we're just gonna run onto the field. We do, but I don't know where my spot is since I've never had to march this. Suddenly I see some football players running on to the field from both ends, and when I look around, there are no other band players on the field and I'm already on the back hash!! I jog off embarrassed and try to find some other band members, but they're nowhere to be found. For some reason I know that Mr. E is in the locker room, so I go through the tunnel to find him. I'm going down some stairs (the layout was different than in real life) and there's a rainbow coming out of some sort of vent in the ceiling, hitting the floor. I realize I could try and run through it to see what it's like, but I seem to know it's a dream by now, and I realize that I would probably forget about Mr. E once I do. But then I realize that it probably won't even be there if I do walk away, so I slowly walk away, and turn around to see it dissolving and the vent closing. So by that time I was pretty sure I was dreaming, because when I find Mr. E around the corner he's wearing some sort of sleeveless dress...thing. And a little makeup. I mutter "Ok, it is [a dream]." He turns to me and we have the coolest dream conversation ever:
"So...what happened out there?"
"Well, Nick wanted to be drum major, and I figured that would be alright."
"Ah. Well, I suppose it would've been if he had done a better job."
"Yeah, but it's probably ok. I'm pretty sure this is just a dream anyway."
"Oh? How can you tell?
"Well, everyone disappeared when I marched on, there was a rainbow around the corner, the locker room doesn't look like this, and you're wearing a dress."
"Good point."

We end up going back to the band room to change, but the band room is the chorus room and the door leading outside has the uniform room instead. There's some girl in the room, and sees Mr. E and wonders "am I dreaming?" I say "no, I am." She says "are we both?" We accept that we are both having a dream involving Mr. E in a dress. I then woke up.

No comments: